Saturday, June 23, 2012

Better Late Than Never

Typical of my unorganized and over booked lifestyle, I didn't realize that there was a super cool summer art show going on at Florida Gulf Coast University this month.  My husband knew all about it and had, in fact, planned on attending the event on the final night.  But, typical of a complete failure of communication on many levels, he didn't tell me about the call for artists.

SO, today, when my newly 12 year old daughter was summoned by her classmate (crush) to go skateboarding with him out at FGCU while his mother was working, I learned about the show.  It just so happened that the crush's mother is the Gallery Manager.  SO, when she was standing in  my kitchen, she mentioned the show and said "why didn't you send anything in to the show?"

"...  Duh.... um.... well.... um...... ",  I said.

We plucked one of my newest  paintings off the wall and  put my name on the back of it.  There.  So, the crush's mom put my canvas in her minivan, borrowed my husband's charcoal lighter metal box thing and drove off.

Tonight is the last night of the show.  But, late is better than never, I suppose.  Here's the link for the show titled "Hot!".  If you're in the neighborhood, stop by for some good art, good food, good wine and good folks:

http://artgallery.fgcu.edu/Art_Gallery/Welcome_to_FGCU_Art_Galleries.html


www.staceybrownarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment