Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Flora

I mentioned before that I'm taking a very well timed class from Flora Bowley.   Her artwork appeals to me because of the many complex layers she uses in her artwork.  I like layers.  I like peeling layers of old paint on antique furniture.  I like decorating my house with layer upon layer of whimsical stuff.  I like layering my clothing.  I like layers.

And, given my tendency toward excess, rather than the recommended two canvases, I ended up with several.  They were just waiting for action and calling out to me, so I decided to work on several canvases at once.  It has been actually very helpful because I am not getting attached to any one of them.  As Flora recommends, I'm just going with the flow.  I do have to admit that I loved my second and third layers best.  They looked like batik or encaustic works.

So, here are a few photos of  my layers of paint.  There are still two weeks of class left.  I'm having such fun.....

www.staceybrownarts.com









4 comments:

  1. Impressive amount of work you are able to get done! Wow! Looks like you have a good idea to work on so many pieces at once. I look forward to seeing what transpires in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... It's just how my brain works. Once I get to the part where I'm individualizing the pieces, I'll slow down and work on one or two at a time. I can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking the class too and working on several canvases at once. You have me beat big time! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The canvases in storage were calling my name..... Had fun today, too. But have to pack it up until next weekend now. :-(

    ReplyDelete